Tuesday, October 13, 2009

power of a product

I've been thinking about the grow assignment and am trying to articulate the problem that I want to solve. I've been thinking a lot about waste cycles, and how broken they are in the current food system. My focus is currently on the kitchen food waste type of cycle, and though an expanded frame of reference (including all household waste, including waste water systems) is not out of my mind, it is outside of the scale of this project. However, I'm having difficulty determining the power of a product, does a product have the power to change a broken system? Does it have the power to change peoples frame of reference, to make them think outside of their current realm of daily activities if they are not themselves searching for it? How can a product do this? Can the product an instigator as much as a solution provider?

No comments:

Post a Comment